Friday, June 17, 2011

May 2011- Catholic Charities – Young Families Program received funding on our third anniversary of Show Me Women Who Care to purchase diapers, wipes, and portable cribs for families who can’t make ends meet without this help. Elaine Ingle told us that Catholic Charities responds to the gospel mandate by caring for the vulnerable, honoring the life and dignity of all persons, and engaging the community in providing compassionate social services and advocacy. Typically 75% of their services go to those not of the Catholic faith. Both Andrew and Buchanan Counties are served by Catholic Charities. Marianne Brachman, who is in charge of the Young Families Program, shared these comments from recipients of our donations. “My family is not able to help me because they have lots of problems, so coming here is like asking someone who care about me and my son.” Another mom says, ”Having diapers saves the day and makes me know we will make it OK with other things that I got to buy this week.” One dad said, “If I can pay you back, I will with diapers when I get a job. I won’t forget you did us a big favor with giving them to my family.”

No comments:

Post a Comment